Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Before Photos What did I walk into? School A

The Before Photos

What did I walk into? School A

    Before the school year even started I was already exhausted.  School A the week before school was to start and all the books are still in boxes and the shelves still to be assembled.  I ended up with 3 days to unbox and shelve everything!  I have a great group of fellow librarians in the district.  They came and helped get the work done.  There is no way that I would have even come close to being done without their help.






    Boxes had to be moved and sorted into the correct order for unboxing.  They had to be moved so we could get to the shelves to put the books on them.  Looking at the photos now it doesn't seem that bad, but it was!  The boxes were moved several times and each time they were tossed and mixed up.  Even though the books are on the shelves the work is not done.  I am still working on better organization to make it easier for students to find books. 

    The shelves were set up in a good layout but the circulation desk was not.  It was put where the last librarians thought would be a good spot.  The desk was split in two.  One was put over by where the smart board will be.  I call this the classroom area.  You can see the other half in the last picture.  The desk has the backside of the desk facing the door and I don't like my back to the door. Plus you can see the mess that usually accumulates in the desk area.  To top that off there is no power outlet and no ethernet port on that side of the room.  So I tried wireless internet and that is not reliable plus running an extension cord to get power to the computer.  This is just not working.  The desk it useless and is now piled with books.  Some to discard and a bunch to figure out a location to put them.  I have been unsuccessful at getting the desk rotated to the other wall.  It's not far to go but the desk is too heavy to move.

Next post the before photos of School B.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment